Why a Preventative Maintenance Agreement?
At Durham Mechanical Services, Inc., we don't offer anything fancy, no gimmicks. We don't sell Preventative Maintenance Agreements for $9.95, nor do we guarantee that your unit will never break down. All we offer is quality service at honest prices. Our company was founded on these principles and we continue to live by them. Please remember that our company is large enough to service our customer's needs while being small enough to know our customers. A Preventative Maintenance Agreement from DMS provides peace of mind for you and your family each and every season.
The benefits of a Preventative Maintenance Agreement are:
- Improved Efficiency
- Improved Safety
- Extended Equipment Life
- Improved Capacity
- Priority Customer *
* Priority Customer - If emergency service needs arise, our contract customers are scheduled ahead of all non-contract customers and new customers to help reduce wait time during our busy peak periods.
Procedures included under a DMS Preventative Maintenance Agreement are:
- Clean or replace standard air filters as needed
- Check primary & secondary drains and adjust as needed
- Inspect blower components and adjust as needed
- Lubricate all moving parts (where applicable)
- Check operating pressures for proper refrigerant charge
- Monitor amperage and voltage draw on all motors
- Inspect heat exchanger and burners
- Check pilot light operation
- Check & test safety controls
- Check heat anticipator settings
- Check heat exchanger
- Check thermostat operations
- Check indoor cooling coil
- Clean & test condensate drain as needed
- Check condenser coil
- Check & tighten all electrical connections
- Monitor heating & air conditioning cycles
- Adjust gas pressure if applicable
- Monitor flue draft for safe operation
Here are the exclusions to our Preventative Maintenance Agreements, presented in a print size that you can actually read:
- Preventative Maintenance services shall be performed during regular business hours: 8:00 AM to 3:00 PM, Monday - Friday.
- Spring and Fall inspections are not transferable for times of equipment problems or repairs needed.
- Repairs, parts and labor for repairs are not included in preventative maintenance agreements.
DMS can service your system once or twice a year. Please contact us for pricing information by clicking here or calling us at 919-382-6377.